At Perspective, we build the easiest marketing technology for the future. Our customers already generate more than 2 million unique visitors per month on their funnels and we want to continue providing them and their customers with the fastest, most intuitive and simplistic software experience possible. Our current focus is increasing stability and quality of everything we do, in order to be able to scale internationally.
As our Senior Backend Engineer, you will be able to leverage your experience by taking full ownership of our data pipeline, focussing on further improving scalability and performance. You will have full-cycle software development responsibilities for your own, as well as team projects. You will be able to shape the future of our software and have an impact on the web experience of millions of users worldwide.
What you will be doing
- Owning, managing and further developing our data pipeline system including databases (Mongo DB), redis queue, serverless APIs, data worker, webhook integrations (e.g., Zapier) as well as direct integrations (e.g., Facebook Pixel, Hubspot)
- Auditing the current system, defining and implementing improvements
- Optimising database patterns and adding SQL database to improve efficiency as well as lowering costs
- Further improving our analytics sector and our integration system for funnels to evolve the core user journey
- Continuous feature development like hardening of system through documentation, refinements, or e.g. building an open web hook solution
Who you are
- You are intrinsically motivated for owning, analysing and improving company data pipelines
- You are able to self-manage your own projects
- You have a birds-eye-view to recognise business critical bottlenecks
- You are performance addicted
- You are fluent in English both written and verbal (knowledge of the German language is a plus)
- You are good at managing projects and interests from various stakeholders as well as finishing projects on time
- You can identify yourself with our four values: Keep growing, be cordial, full transparency & openness, succeed with joy
- You have already worked with high traffic serverless systems
- You have around 5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- You have already worked with NodeJS and Redis Queue
- You have experience in multi database set-ups such as SQL and MongoDB
What you can expect at Perspective
- Remote & Freedom | We strongly believe that every work environment needs to be ideal and fitted to the person. For this very reason, all our team members work remotely – in their own much needed way. That’s how we can ensure that all our talents have much freedom to create the best results possible.
- Responsibility, Ownership & Impact | At Perspective, all our team members have a voice. We value every opinion and encourage all to speak their mind. Only with team effort, we can create something great. We believe in our team and therefore, give them much responsibility. Even if we fail, we learn from it, get back up and continue to succeed. It is part of the game and we know it.
- Personal & Professional Growth | Your development is our priority. With our intensive onboarding, feedback talks and trainings, we foster your personal and professional development. One of our core value is “Keep Growing” which we portray in everything we do.
- Best Equipment & Remote Budget | Our company is build on the USP of quality and we want to keep it that way. To keep up the quality, we only provide the best equipment to our team: For example, every new team member receives an Apple MacBook Pro for their work and a monthly remote working budget.
- Team Events | We know working solely remotely can make it difficult to build a strong team spirit. However, at Perspective we focus deeply on team building by hosting various team events throughout the year. We understand the need of interaction face-to-face and strongly encourage it.
- Cordial & passionate team | Last, but not least, we are the most cordial team you can imagine. We love working together, respect each other and always value each others opinions. We care deeply about our team members and are always down for a good virtual after work hangout
You think this job is perfect for you? Apply here via Join. We are looking forward to your application 😍
Please note, due to our company structure and legal restrictions, we are currently only able to employ European citizens.
✨ Life is too short not to pursue your dream job.
You want to make a difference? Work in a truly inspiring team. Welcome home!
Get in touch now!
Chief Operating Officer